While your child is the primary client we work with at Summit Achievement, we believe that a strong family program is an integral part of the overall treatment process and plays a significant role in the success of our students after graduating. The innovative Summit Achievement Parallel Process Curriculum was designed by the renowned author and parent coach Krissy Pozatek, MSW. Both our leadership and clinical teams have been trained by Krissy Pozatek to help implement the curriculum and integrate the parallel process concepts into our overall program. Just as students move through six levels in our Achievement program, parents and guardians move through their own six levels to grow alongside their children.
Upon admission, each family receives a digital copy of our Summit Achievement Parallel Process Curriculum as well as a copy of the book, The Parallel Process by Krissy Pozatek. In addition, parents and guardians are offered six individual sessions of parent coaching with Nick Faraldi, MSW, our Director of Parent Support. These sessions are designed to encourage reflection on parenting patterns and develop new skills as well as their own goals for parenting now and in the future. The intention is to help parents and guardians to plan for visits with their teens and practice the skills they are learning in person while they are at Summit Achievement. Parents and guardians also work with Nick to create discharge plans to prepare for their child’s return home after treatment.
We understand that the decision to enroll your child in treatment is an emotional one for your whole family. We want to make sure that we give parents and guardians the tools so that they can support their children through the treatment process and find growth and healing within themselves. The best outcomes are dependent on everyone doing some work and we help you by providing tools, resources, and support.
Some of what we provide to parents and other caregivers:
- Weekly Parent Coaching Sessions with our Director of Parent Support, Nick Faraldi, MSW.
- Weekly sessions (by video conferencing or phone) with the primary therapist and their child.
- On-site, in-person therapy sessions with their child both mid-way through treatment and at graduation.
- A Monthly Parent Support webinar facilitated by a Summit alumni parent. This is open to all past and present parents or guardians.
- A Monthly Parent Educational webinar facilitated by Summit Co-founder, Dr. Will White, MSW, LCSW. This is open to all past and present Summit parents or guardians.